domingo, 27 de diciembre de 2009

USA on my mind


I have to say I had never thought of USA as my favourite country at all, even I used to hate its capitalism, its politicians, its kind of know-it-all. I was 16 and that was up to me.

One of the things I hate the most, more than 90's shoes, is the closed-minded people I met, with all these prejudices about other people, about other ideas, people who speak without knowing their real meaning, without caring of what it is hidden behind. I didn't like the States, just because of the news and my folks and that was all.

As always, this young nonsense has changed a lot. Out of the blue, I like english: the more I speak it, the more I like it, but it wasn't just the language, I like the culture, known from the real inside, not just by the bad and the good films I've seen, but by the Hendricks family. I've learnt more english than ever. The pumkpin bread, Dr. Pepper, the Julie's american cookies, fridge magnets with the states shape, the ECA High School, the silver hair of Troy, the love handles, how to pronunciate the "sh" with the candle in my mouth, the smores, Thanksgiving, how to spell "bee" and, the most importante thing, a wonderful family with a huge heart.

You introduced us, Daniel, and I'll always thank you. It was only your dream, now it's mine too. I want to work there in September, I want to live there with you, and I want you all to visit us in whatever state we took by drawing.

That's why USA is on my mind.

No hay comentarios: